Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I love The Rain

I sense a change in the light and feel the clouds close in tight.

I keep my head up and my eyes on the sky... a moment of calm evokes a heavy sigh.

A gentle mist floats across the field... flowers open up to say 'ahh': dryness healed.

I do not run for cover and I do not complain.

I love the rain.

The darkness that settles upon the sky is no concern of mine, it was already only grey and nothing much to be excited about anyway.

And now the strength of everything natural and true, is taking a test that's long over due.

Fragile lilies so dainty in their stance take a bit of a beating and regret their hasty choices perchance.

That place in the sun is the same as the one... that exposes every petal which tomorrow's storm will have undone.

My pace does not quicken and for me, never could be deemed too slow. Let the rain come down and the drops upon me flow.

Umbrella over head or better yet down at my side... no reason at all to run and hide.

With a little bit of shower I shall not melt nor freeze nor catch the death of me in it's innocent kill.

I love the rain, and I always will.

I know how to undress me and once again become warm and dry... I know how long to linger and when to tell the clouds goodbye.

I have plenty back up in my cold weather closet.

I love the rain so much I  sometimes wish I knew how to cause it.

But alas, all that I can do is soak it up whenever I can. Be present in it's beauty and admit I'm quite a fan.

I love the rain --- and I love it even more when you are in it there with me.  Because even through the falling rain it's your appreciative, protective, and ultimately, understanding gaze I see. 

With you I like to share the thrill of a cold wet chill. I love the rain and I love you. I know I always will
The only shelter I desire is your hand covering mine. Forever and for always will do just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

    my homepage ... more

    ReplyDelete

What's in your head?