Thursday, March 13, 2008

An in depth introduction of me... pt 1

Ok, so I opened my big mouth and said I wanted to be a writer. It wasn't long before I was invited to put my keyboard where my mouth is, and here I am! So...

Now what?

The first step I suppose would be to introduce myself. Hi. My name is Red. (At least, that's what they call me. ) That was easy, but now I'm back where I started. I know i'm supposed to tell you a little about myself, and that's where the hard part comes in. What is really so interesting about little insignificant me?

Truth be told, I could tell you stories that would make your head spin. But do I really want to divulge everything from a twisted childhood wrought with physical and emotional abuse, to my current oh-so-sunny (and oh-so-ironic) out look on life? And if the answer is, 'YES! What the heck! Get it off your chest!', then where does one start?

I was born in Iowa one cold winter's eve... Nah. A cold winter night in Iowa... nothing new there. Let's fast forward to: I'm 35 and have been married for 18 years. (I'll pause while you do the math....) That's right, I was married at 17. It was in the great state of Missouri with a permission note from my mommy. But wait, I've lived in The Great Northwest since I was 6. How then, you ask, did I end up in Missouri married at 17? And to add even more fodder to this cauldron of curiousness while simultaneously clearing the air, NO I was NOT pregnant. I still needed to graduate high school after all.

Yes indeed... truth is stranger than fiction. Not always as interesting, but strange enough to make our personal truths so different from one another's, that the difference it's self is really what is so fascinating. At least that's my opinion. Stick around, you'll be treated to many more. (And I'll tell you all about what it was like being married in high school.)

3 comments:

  1. Heyyyyy....I knew you could do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Red,

    Congrats on making a fine start. It gets much easier to post as time goes by. In fact, it can become downright addicting.

    We'll be checking in on your progress.

    Blog Lady Dee
    Blog Lady Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice to meet you! It sounds like we have a few things in common (except I am blonde and was married at 19 hehe).

    I've been married for 18 years now, and came from a pretty bad home, myself. I'm pretty outspoken, too, and have a hard time keeping my opinion to myself.

    Anyway, glad to find ya and keep up the writing, I'll be subscribing. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's in your head?