Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Momentary Denial...

What mini-mental breakdown? I don't know what you're talking about. :-)

Did you notice the lovely picture of my favorite thinking spot? This is one of the last places in the world where I can go and at least FEEL like i'm alone. It's actually the backyard of my family home in a sleepy little mountain town. Being alone there though, is not always a good idea. Cougars have been seen rummaging through the fire pit along the bank. I'm sure it was just trying to satisfy it's sweet tooth when it sniffed out someone's lost S'more. I'm sure that's all... and the bears that raid parked RV's are just curious.

Yeah right.

No thank you. It's sad though really that it is so hard to get away and get out- and be alone. And be safe if you do find a lonely spot. I'm not as brave as I used to be when I was a kid. Those beautiful lonesome roads that wind through forgotten forests now make me quiver like a wet mouse. Between hungry wild animals driven out of their territories to paranoid wacko's growing their weed in the woods...aloneness in the deep forest canopy is a thing of my past. That's a hard reality to swallow for someone who's very intimate with all the cheesey cliche's of the beauty and wonder in nature. I DO marvel at the artisitc meanderings of the sun's rays as they shine in and out of out shadowy trees. I DO have wonderment for God's amazing patterns. And I DO need to be out there, alone with my thoughts, on a regular basis to cleanse the chaos of my over active mind. I simply can't think of anything as calming as the warm sun on your back as you realize that nothing is as bad as it seems as long as you are alive and able to experience that very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's in your head?